I have been experiencing a particular problem with Endnote X5 recently, and from what I’ve read it’s connected to OSX 10.8.2. Specifically, when I open Endnote and start using the CWYW feature to enter citations into my document, Endnote freezes up and gets endlessly stuck on the “format bibliography” part of its process.
Here’s a quick fix, courtesy of facop78 on MacRumors.
- Go to Applications : Utilities
- Run the Activity Monitor found there
- Set the “Show” option at the top of the window to All Processes
- Click the column header “Process Name” to sort alphabetically
- Highlight the appleeventsd process
- Click the “Quit Process” button
The only extra thing I did was to shut down and restart Endnote at the end of the operation. Worked like a charm!